Tuesday 9 September 2014

Another ex-Cowbridge student sets off abroad!

Fred Bisson left Cowbridge in 2012 having studied Maths, Physics, Further Maths and German at A-level. He loved Maths and chose to study it at Warwick university. However he has recently made the decision to take up the opportunity of a year abroad in Gottingen, Germany during his degree.


Here is Fred on some other exciting travels this Summer in China!
This is what Fred wrote about choosing to study abroad for a year:
Doing Maths probably worked in my favour for the year abroad. Warwick university has a good network of partner universities in Europe and the department are keen to promote the ERASMUS programme as we receive a lot of students as well. I found myself well placed after German A level compared to other candidates and could pick from a lot of universities in Germany. I chose Göttingen because loads of famous mathematicians studied there and it is a historic university town so I quite wanted to experience that kind of atmosphere as opposed to the modern hub of Warwick. A good thing about my university is how many opportunities they give you so I was lucky enough to be sent to summer school in Beijing which was great fun and gave me the opportunity to see a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment